MadAboutRed

MadAboutRed

12.28.2010

All Planned Out



Well, I'm officially a full-time mommy now--complete with exhaustion, a little fear, and overwhelming joy and awe. We were able to bring Benjamin home for Christmas! Thus, it was a very merry one. :)



He's been home for a full week now. At his follow-up appointment, he weighed 5 pounds, 8 ounces! That's double what he weighed at birth.

The other day, someone at the store asked me how old he was. Granted, I realize he looks just two days old... so it was an odd moment when I answered that he is actually nine weeks old. "But he came very early," I said. In a way, it still makes me feel bad to say that. I guess I still battle feelings of guilt--as though it were my fault he was so premature. I'm sure that question will come up again and again over the next few months. I usually get concerned or sad looks when I reveal the fact that he was early. I read in a book that I'm allowed to just tell strangers his "corrected date of age" instead of going into details about his prematurity. But that doesn't yet apply... He's still three weeks shy of his due date. I can't go around telling people that he's actually not born yet and the baby they see is really just an illusion. They'd think I'm nuts! :) Mmmm... I'll ponder that one some more.



The truth is that God knew just what was going to happen. As much as his early birth was a shock for us and the rest of the world, doesn't mean that it surprised Him at all.

"For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother’s womb... Your eyes saw my unformed body; all the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be." Psalm 139:16, 18

I find peace knowing that our Great Protector was well prepared for what was to come.

Laura Jean

1 comments:

Bri said...

Well said. Benjamin IS perfect BECAUSE God KNEW.
You're a GREAT mom(the BEST for Ben...don't ever think otherwise. :)