MadAboutRed

MadAboutRed

11.29.2008

My Cup Overflows

Well, I've been a married woman for eight months now. Mark and I celebrated by putting on some warm clothes and taking a walk by the ocean. We talked and laughed and sang and kissed and laughed some more :). It was magnificent. Then, we came home to decorate our new Christmas tree and eat some ice cream. I never celebrated my holiday season alone with a husband before and it's turning out to be the best thing ever...


A couple weeks before Thanksgiving, I was feeling very sad about not spending it with lots of friends and family. I imagined us having a very un-festive day just sulking around the house with whatever mashed potatoes and turkey we could muster up. Can you see it? That's enough to make you cry isn't it? But I imagined wrong. We spent the whole day cooking together with my grandmothers fabulous recipes. We just enjoyed each other watching basketball and counting our blessings. Mark kept reminding me that we may never get to celebrate the holidays alone together again. So, I thank God for him.


This is our very festive Thanksgiving dinner...

And this is how happy we were...


So that's my story this Thanksgiving. What's yours?

3 comments:

White Forest said...

Mine was along much different lines. 19 people crammed around 3 different tables, laughing and screaming and laughing (mostly at the drunks) and eating till we all exploded. but the best part was the next day when i got 2 more chapters written. thank god for that. :)

Anonymous said...

WHAT? I LOVE that story! Wow! What a beautiful day. What fun it is to see that your life is what you make it. You can sulk around all day, or you can celebrate no matter the circumstance. Beautiful, Laura! Really beautiful! WOW! Thank you for sharing.

Nancy Slattery said...

Beauty in unexpected places. Hmmm...that makes me want to keep my eyes wide open. Thanks for sharing LJ.