MadAboutRed

MadAboutRed

9.02.2008

Japanese Festivals & Sandy Beaches

Mark & I are now festival junkies. The Japanese really like to party it up during the month of August and we've done our share of participating! I can't even count the number of times I've seen their famous Okinawan Eisa Dance and heard their pacific folk songs. A couple weekends ago, we joined half the population living on the island and went to the Orion Beer Festival. They had booths selling yummy teppanyaki & yakitori dishes, games, fireworks and a mass of drummers & dancers. Many japanese ladies & children dressed up in their Kimonos. It was a great time!




This last weekend. we got ourselves a four day vacation over Labor Day, courtesy of the United States Government. We were so excited! With extra work to be done and emergency drills, Mark has been working very long hours this past month. So we packed our bags, filled our coolers and drove up north to Okuma beach. Once we got there, we pitched a tent, slathered on sunscreen and spent our time playing in the waves and basking in the sun. It was awesome.




3 comments:

White Forest said...

EXCUSE ME....dont be acting like your haveing fun without MUAH! ha ha ha just kidding. :)

Kyle and Sharon said...

Hi Laura! This is Mark's cousin, Sharon! I'm so excited that Bob gave me your blog address! I hope to meet you eventually--until then, I guess we've got the blogs to keep in touch by! I'm thinking of yall and praying for you!
Love,
Sharon

Brittney said...

Hey! I saw your blog address on Sharon's blog! I'm going to come back here often to keep up with you two!