MadAboutRed

MadAboutRed

8.27.2008

Grace Like Rain

Last night, I laid awake in my bed listening to the rain. I could hear big heavy drops beating against the windows and the roof of our house. It was pouring so hard, drenching everything. I imagined all the birds and bugs caught in the storm and how they were scattering about trying to save themselves. The experience brought many different feelings. At first I felt a few nervous flutters, I guess you could say a little fear mixed with amazement. I wasn't sure if we were about to experience a powerful storm. Then I felt an urge to run out and let it soak me through. I knew it'd be cold and might even hurt a little, but it'd be totally worth it. I fell asleep enjoying the sound and feeling an overwhelming sense of peace.

I want to experience God like that. How awesome to be drenched by Him, completely and suddenly enveloped in Him. I think of Abraham when he greeted God on his porch (Genesis 18) or Moses who stepped onto holy ground unknowingly (Exodus 3:5). I bet their hearts stopped! I know that God desires to meet us in the most intimate ways possible, again and again. That's what he created us for. It's just up to us to let him.

1 comments:

Toni Lynn said...

I too would also love to experience God in that way. Some day it'll happen maybe not until I get to heaven but it'll happen. I miss you girl and I am praying for you. love you more than hiefer.
your lil sis