MadAboutRed

MadAboutRed

8.13.2010

A Pea in the Pod

Hello,

Well, it sure has been a while. Mark was deployed to the desert in May and now here we are, almost four months later. He's scheduled to return around the middle of September. The time apart has been rough. Four months away from your spouse and best friend is a very long time. I certainly feel for my fellow military wives and all others who have to endure such lengths of time and longer without their loved ones.

Shortly after Mark left, a lot of changes came our way. I moved our home to a new one... orders from Uncle Sam. I started a new job. And, most importantly, I discovered I was PREGNANT! Talk about a lot of changes - and one big fat surprise - at one time!



Of course, it's great news :). We both trust the Lord and know that He is good. But I'll be honest... the first few months haven't been easy for me emotionally. I fell into a bit of a depression. I was, rather unexpectantly, extremely lonely and in my new home, a bit isolated. So come mid-July, I packed my things, got myself a cat-sitter, and hopped on a plane bound for Colorado.

Now here I sit. Surrounded by my family and fellow brothers and sisters in Christ, who have all been of great encouragement and company for me. It does wonders for the soul and I think there is a valuable lesson there. It's important to keep ourselves surrounded with people who love us and will lift us up. We aren't meant to do life alone. When we do, no good comes out of it. I hope I always remember.

So, who's around to lift you up? Other than your spouse or your family?

Laura

2 comments:

Brittney said...

I cannot even imagine what you've been going through. I was pretty depressed and on an emotional roller coaster, and my situation isn't anywhere near as stressful as yours. You and Mark are constantly in our thoughts and prayers. I'm so glad you're getting time at "home". :)

Bri said...

Good one, Laura. Almost "there." Miss you!!